On October 25, 2022, the “Assises du NewSpace” collective, a group of 16 organisations representing players in the French space industry, published the “Ambition NewSpace 2027” report. This document addresses six major structuring issues for the future of French NewSpace, accompanied by 24 proposals. This work is the culmination of a process piloted by the collective over a period of 12 months, a first in the history of French space and tech.
This report is in fact the result of an unprecedented approach, structured in 3 stages:
- a participatory public consultation, via a collaborative platform and webinars, made it possible to identify the first lines of proposals
- the conference “Les Assises du NewSpace”, held on July 7-8, at Station F in Paris, to discuss and refine these proposals
- the coordination of Professor Lucien Rapp of the University of Toulouse to present:
- a definition of NewSpace
- a photograph of the current French NewSpace
- 24 proposals to address 6 major priorities (funding, customers, globalisation, public opinion, strategic independence, intelligence).
Entities that would like to get involved can now approach one of the members of the collective with a view to forming project groups. They can also register on the participatory platform accessible at https://lesassisesdunewspace.org/. A report will be drawn up during the second edition of the “Assises du NewSpace”, on July 5-6, 2023. This event should bring together more than 1,000 participants around this major challenge for the future of French space.
THE ASSISES DU NEWSPACE COLLECTIVE MEMBERS
- Alliance NewSpace France
- ASTech Paris Region cluster
- ISAE SUPAERO
- NewSpace Club
- Paris-Saclay Hardware Accelerator
- SAFE cluster (South Region)
- Toulouse Capitole University (Sirius Chair)
- 3i3s Europa
- Way4space (New-Aquitaine region)
- Club Galaxie (Occitanie region)
- Minalogic cluster (Auvergne-Rhône region -Alps)